Serving Iowa Businesses For Over 75 Years
Iowa-Des Moines Supply, Inc., was originally founded by Peter Mancuso under the name Iowa Supply Company in 1937. He purchased supplies from small dealers and resold them to area food service operators. With growing success, Iowa Supply Company went from selling supplies out of a truck to opening their first office-warehouse in the early 40’s. Mancuso’s son, Nick, soon joined the business, and with only three other employees, they experienced continued growth and success.
In 1961 the company incorporated and the name Iowa-Des Moines Supply, Inc., was born. In 1980 Nick built a new facility in Guthrie Industrial Park incorporating offices, showroom, and warehouse and had grown to 20 employees.
A Family-Owned Tradition In Product Distribution
In June of 1996, Bill Weidmaier acquired Iowa-Des Moines Supply, Inc. He reorganized the company to improve on the founding promise of exceptional service to his long-standing customers. Also keeping with the tradition of a family business, Bill’s son, Todd, joined the team in 1996.
With customers spanning a variety of industries, including hotels, restaurants, country clubs, schools, grocery and convenience stores, commercial builders, and manufacturers, Iowa-Des Moines Supply continues to offer high quality service as a commercial supplier and distributor.
A Lifetime of Excellent Service
Today, we proudly continue the promise of top quality service originally established by Peter Mancuso. Through the expertise of our staff and internal processes, Iowa-Des Moines Supply continues to succeed and grow through the highest level of service combined with favorable prices. This old fashion formula continues to produce successful results for our clients and Iowa-Des Moines Supply.